Thursday, November 06, 2008

OU (MW): Welcome back old friend

Part of the criteria for my chunk (like a majority of all the chunks) is to develop a progam to demonstrate what I have written about and to try and get it to do something graphical.  Thus I have been musing over the last couple of days as to what graphically I can do to demonstrate the use of constructors.  I do not want to do anything that is too complicated as I don't want it to detract from the main point of the code, but I do want to make it interesting and perhaps fun.

Well last night I decide to welcome back on old friend from the time I studied M206.  For this course we were taught all about OOP's via the use of frogs.  These weren't just normal frogs, there was also HooverFrogs, DietingFrogs, frogs that could barn dance and toads.  So let me introduce Freddo (for those who remember the chocolate bar).

image         
     My Freddo                    The real Freddo

I will now be able to demonstrate different constructors, creating Freddo's in different places on the screen and in different colours

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember the frogs! I don't think anyone who did M206 could ever forget them.